Student Sexual Violence
Sexual Violence occurs when a person is intentionally touched in a sexual manner without their consent. Victims of sexual assault are often FORCED, COERCED, MANIPULATED, PRESSURED, or CONTROLLED.
Various Forms of Sexual Assault
1. Sexual Misconduct (Offensive sexual behavior)
2. Sexual Harassment (Unwelcome sexual behavior)
3. Rape (Forcible or non-consensual sex)
4. Date Rape (Sexual assault during a social engagement)
5. Intimate Partner Violence (Sexual assault committed by a current/former intimate partner)
6. Drug-Facilitated Assault (Use of drugs or alcohol to help compromise a person ability)
DID YOU KNOW??
Females ages 16-19 are 4x more likely than the general population to be a victim of rape, attempted rape,
and sexual assault
DO YOU NEED HELP?
24/7 Services are available*
National Sexual Assault Hotline* 1-800-656-HOPE or www.online.rainn.org
TEXT “HELLO” to 741741
Go to the local hospital
Go to local law enforcement agency
Tell a responsible adult