Bullying is unwanted aggressive behavior of an individual or group among school-aged children. The behavior is usually intentional to cause hurt or harm to another person in hopes of making the victim feel defenseless and/or intimidated; therefore, trying to achieve a power imbalance. Bullying is most often a repeated occurrence.
MOST COMMOM EXAMPLES OF BULLYING
- Spreading false rumors
- Intentional Exclusion
- Ridiculing someone publicly
- Any physical contact
- Taking property
- Damaging property
- Any unwelcome physical contact
DID YOU NOW?
The month of OCTOBER is National Bullying Prevention Month?
DO YOU NEED HELP???
* Report the bully to any school official
* Tell a responsible adult/parent
* Tell the School Resource officer
* Call 911
* Talk with any medical physician or counselors
* Suicidal thoughts. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
* TEXT “NOBULLY” to 444999 (For Montgomery County)