Bullying Special-Needs Students
Special-needs students are students that may have physical or developmental challenges. Bullying is unwanted, aggressive acts among school-aged children. There is real or perceived power imbalance. Many times the behavior is repeated.
Signs of Bullying
* Unexplained injuries
* Changes in mood
* Changes in eating habits, either skipping or binge eating
* Difficulty Sleeping
* Declining grades
* Not wanting to go to school
* Avoidance of social encounters
* Frightened of certain individuals
DID YOU KNOW???
Students with special-needs are more likely to be bullied than peers without special-needs.
1. Start conversations and awareness among students.
2. Implement a student peer-to-peer system.
3. Create an inclusive environment
4. Sponsor student-led inclusive activities